Wednesday, October 12, 2005

All There Ever Was.

Take a look at me and tell me what you see
Do you see that scared, submissive creature from the past
I know you think so little and so negatively
I know you dislike the way my life has been led
But frankly I couldn’t care less
For this is the way I choose to be
It is not up to you what I should do or say
It is my own life and I will lead it the way I see fit
You had a say before but now I realise so suddenly
That all you ever did was put me down
I don’t need that type of person in my life
What I need is love and affection
Not rude comments and hard hits
It’s true when you’d slap me
I’d blame myself for so long and never once you
But now I truly have come to see
That it was you that was hurting me
I never hurt you physically
I did my best never to hurt you emotionally
You never tried hard enough for us to survive
You never put in enough effort to keep us alive
I did all that I could and all that I should
Look at us now, look who we are
Nothing but strangers to one another
It’s funny in a sick way how we could be so close once upon a time
And now we have not enough to time to say hello
You love her and I love him
Torn away from each other
I’ve lost the will to call you a friend
But even still a part of me will always be with you
Never forget the times we had
Our love was once so strong,it stood still
I’ll remember you not for the person you are
But for the person you once should have been and was

2 comments:

Andy Alt said...

So much turmoil... I hope you're finding healthy ways to deal with it. Writing's probably a good start. At least, it *better* be since I suggested it. :)

LoveNotes&SuicideLetters said...

Well for awhile I discovered the negative ways of dealing with it and that led me to a 2 week stay at a hospital. Not to fun but Im dealing now. Apparently I have a form of bipolar, scary huh?