Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Forget.

The mask is unveiled, the gloves are off.
There's no use fighting what's about to come.
You have yet to discover.
What lurks beneath the wings of the dove.
The cries are not of horror but of something else.
We are so immune to the pain that we feel.
How are we to become something when we've never been anything to begin with?
Can you really look at me and tell me all that you feel is real?
The way we move in the daylight is no match for how we fly in the night.
Misery is the next best thing besides drugs.
We use pain as an excuse and not as a malady.
This life is meant for more than what we have given.
The truth lies with the widow whose loneliness is her only friend.
Remember the days you walked by the shore never forgetting the way you once were?
We live only to die, we remember only to forget.

1 comment:

Andy Alt said...

I see some progress and improvement in your writing. :) Kind of reminds me of the way my own writing has evolved. I see differences just in stuff I wrote in the latter part of 2005. The differences from the ones I wrote from 2001 - 2004 are pretty obvious. :) There are about 20 posts (articles) that I have backed up, but haven't put on my site since I restored it. :)